Hello Goodness coolers and vending machines are changing the grab-and-go landscape.
Gone are the days when that afternoon trip to the vending machine was considered a guilty pleasure. Since consumers are not eating the standard three full meals a day, they are looking for quick grab-and-go food and drink options between packed schedules. And they aren’t replacing all of those meals with high-calorie products. Instead they’re choosing quick pick-me-ups that provide fuel and hydration for satisfying, sustained energy. In fact, when presented with the idea of a "differentiated vending machine with healthier products," 98 percent of consumers said they would purchase, and seven out of 10 were willing to pay more for healthier options.1
Nearly two-thirds of Americans rarely or never use vending because the portfolio of products, equipment, and the experience has not kept pace with their needs or expectations. Enter PepsiCo’s Hello Goodness — innovative, sleekly designed vending machines. As the #1 better-for-you vending platform, they provide simple, affordable, and great tasting options for consumers seeking a healthier lifestyle. And since we are becoming a society less reliant on cash, each machine offers the option of cash or credit card payment.
Take Advantage of the Growth in Snacking by Creating Quick Snack or Meal Options
- Instead of grabbing a donut or croissant for breakfast or skipping a meal, consumers can enjoy a Quaker® Breakfast Flat which contains fruit and nuts, and clocks in at under 200 calories.
- A bag of Smartfood® Delight Popcorn is perfect to hold someone over until lunch or can accompany a sandwich or soup.
- Grabbing a filling Sabra® Hummus Grab & Go with pretzels is a better choice than cookies during the 3 pm work slump.
Provide Healthy Hydration
- A bottle of Naked Juice® can be a vitamin and fiber-filled way to start the day.
- Pure Leaf® iced teas offer a low-calorie, slightly caffeinated, natural pick-me-up.
- A bottle of Tropicana® juice can provide a healthy dose of vitamin C when fresh fruit isn’t easily accessible.
- Gatorade® G2 after an intense workout is perfect for restoring electrolytes and hydration with less carbs and fewer calories.
Take Advantage of the Better-For-You Snack and Beverage Boom
- Snacking has become more popular among American consumers as almost everyone eats at least one snack per day.
- Consumers are becoming more health-conscious with their food and drink choices.
- 1PepsiCo Consumer Testing Data 2015, PepsiCo Blind Study of “Better For You” Vending Concepts
- 2 Mintel Better For Your Snacks U.S., September 2016
- 3 'Betterment' Trendwatchers, August 10, 2016