Rated 0 out of five stars
0 total reviews
Grilled Vegetable Hummus Pita Pizza
Lighten up lunch with this delicious veggie and SABRA® hummus pita pizza.
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Prep: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: 3 (6) pita pizzas (24 slices)
- SABRA® Classic Hummus 1 cup
- Ripe tomatoes, sliced into wedges 2
- Summer squash, sliced (about 2 medium sized) yellow and/or green 1 1/2 cup
- Red onion 1
- Round pitas or pizza dough 3 (6")
- Olive oil, divided 1/4 cup
- Black pepper & salt to taste
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Peel and cut red onion in half. Slice with the grain into 1/3-inch wedges or chunks.
- Toss onions and squash with 3 tablespoons olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining olive oil in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill summer squash about 4 minutes on each side. Grill onions about 5 minutes, rotating once. Grill tomatoes about 5 minutes, rotating once. Set aside to use immediately on pita pizzas.
- Warm pita on the grill about 3 minutes each side. Remove from heat and spread about 1/3 cup SABRA® hummus on each pita. Top with prepared vegetables. Cut each pita into 8 pieces. Serve warm.
NOTE: The best pita for this is the flat variety. You may also use Lavash as a great substitute.
There’s no way to spin this. We’re sorry for taking so long!